Tuesday, December 20, 2011
We had a party to celebrate the birth of Jesus. we had 30 people over to sing, eat, and chat.
These were just so pretty sitting in the table I had to take the picture. And seeing that I'm giving you the picture I might as well share the recopies too.
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons molasses
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon ginger
2 cups flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1. Cream butter and sugar till fluffy.
2. Beat in egg and molasses.
3. Add salt, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, flour, and baking soda.
4. Roll into small balls and flatten on cookie sheetwith bottom of dampened glass dipped in sugar.
5. place a sliced almond in the center of each cookie
6. Bake 375F for 5-8 min.
1/2 cup butter-softened
1/3 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
1/3 cup crushed almonds
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate
1. beat butter and sugar in medium bowl with mixer on high speed until fluffy. Beat in egg, reduce speed to low and gradually add flour until blended. Divide dough in half; wrap ion plastic wrap. chill 1 hour, or until firm enough to roll out.
2. Heat oven to 350 F. have two un-greased baking sheets ready.
3. place each portion of dough on a Baking sheet. Roll each into a 15inch by 4 inch rectangle.
4. Fold long sides of dough inward 1/2 and inch, keeping borders even. Pat the edges to keep the sides strait and seal any cracks. Carefully spread half the jam onto each rectangle up to the turned edges, Sprinkle jam with nuts.
5. Bake 15 to 20 min. until edges are light golden. Cool on pan 5 min.. While still warm Cut each rectangle into 16 slices. Remove from pan and cool completely.
6. TO DECORATE: Melt chocolate in a small bowl in microwave as package directs. Dip ends of cookies in melted chocolate. Store in cool place so chocolate can set.
3/4 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
1. mix butter and sugar thoroughly, work in flour with your hands.
2. Chill dough and heat oven to 350F
3. Roll dough to 1/4 inch on floured surface. Cut into strips 2 1/4 inch by 3/4 inch
4. Brush tops with lightly beaten egg white.
5. Sprinkle tops of cookies with mixture of 1 tablespoon sugar and 1/3 cup Finely chopped almonds.
6. bake on un-greased baking sheet for 17-20 min. of till delicate brown